My first Blue Ridge quilt just returned from the Vermont Quilt Festival and will next go to the Asheville Quilt show.
Meanwhile, Maria Shell published a tutorial on how she makes flying geese blocks for her quilts, so of course I had to try it.The result is Blue Ridge II.
The quilt is faced using the technique from Terry Aske’s tutorial, which worked very well. Here are the quilt stats:
Blue Ridge II
- 28.5 inches wide, 26.5 inches tall
- The fabrics are batik scraps left from other projects
- The backing is from RJR, a Cotton and Steel fabric from 2018
- The piecing was inspired by Maria Shell’s tutorial on flying geese (link above)
- The facing was done using Terry Aske’s tutorial (link above)
- Quilt was pieced and quilted by me. The batting is Quilter’s Dream Cotton, Request loft.