The original inspiration was this quilt called “Scrappy Stars II”, found on Pinterest. The post from which it was pinned is here. I also found a similar pattern, called “Night Sky”, at the Missouri Star Quilt Company, here.
I didn’t care for the way it was arranged and I wanted to make it bigger anyway, so I redesigned it. First I drew the basic idea in EQ8, as I had found it on Pinterest, but with a border added.
I used this drawing to lay out my HSTs (half-square triangle blocks). Then I started adding rows and fiddling with the design. This was during the time we were in temporary housing, so there was a LOT of running up and down stairs to view the design from the loft. It was extremely easy to get pieces turned the wrong way!
Design based on two sources noted above
Finished size: 78″ x 53″
Quilted by: Julia Madison