I’m quilting a lap size quilt on my home machine. I’m not fond of the process, but custom quilting isn’t in my budget, so here I go. About half way through the process, I discovered a loose seam where, despite paper piecing, one seam allowance had been TOO small and the seam had opened up. There wasn’t enough fabric to allow me to just overlap and top stitch the seam. The edges barely met and, while one was a folded edge, the other was a raw edge.
Luckily, I have a tool from garment sewing I used to fix it.
I used the Stitch Witchery to bond both sides of the seam to the batting. This also stabilized the edges so they won’t fray. Then I zig-zagged across the place. Thank goodness it was a black-to-black seam so there’s no problem of one side of the zigzag showing on a colored block.
I’m not glad it happened, but I’m satisfied with the fix. I will NOT be pointing it out to anyone looking at the finished quilt 🙂
Now I’m back to the quilting. The piece is about half done. I’ll show it to you when I finish.