1. Favorite quilt show I attended: Vermont Quilt Festival. You can see some quilts from it here and here. And here again is a detail of one of my favorites:
2. Favorite thing about blogging: Meeting new friends, both in person and online. Read about a couple of them here and here, if you like.
3. Favorite modern quilt trend: some textures and low-volume prints (those that show more background, having the prints smaller and farther apart) to get us away from all solids, all the time. Some of my favorites include these from Carolyn Friedlander:
4. Favorite new (to me) quilt tool: Frixion pen. It comes in lots of colors and erases when you iron over the markings. Only drawback I’ve found is that you can’t see the mark on dark fabric. For that I still love my chaco liner with yellow chalk. Show below: chaco liners on left, frixion pens on right.
5. Favorite lesson learned: I’d rather see my designs in print than at quilt shows. Yes, I entered several shows and contests, and I won something. But my favorite quilt of the year (from those I made) was the one that was published in Modern Quilts Unlimited. So here is a picture of it again.
And what were your favorites of the year?
That big stitch quilting is quite interesting……..your quilt shown in Modern Quilts Unlimited is very eyecatching!
Thanks for reading!
Oh my, a favorite for me? It was a pretty good year in general. With so much good, it would be hard to pick favorites without taking a closer look.
Glad it was such a good year! I hope the next is even better for you.
I expect it will be. I came into 2014 with some unrealistic expectations, which were dashed. That and a virus that hit late spring gave me a little bit of a rough time. But… BETTER after all that! And yes, next year should be easier in many ways.
Best to you, too.
I loved the collection of quilts at the MFA in Boston this yearthough antiques they have a modern flair, very inspiring!There’s a very nice catalogue too!
Pooh, good to know! Thanks!