1. Here is some beautiful fabric that just arrived from the Michael Miller company! It’s for my next magazine project (for Modern Quilts Unlimited). I love to use batiks for the “solids” in my quilts because of the texture and highlights they give to the design.
2. Who wants these selvages I’ve been saving? I know the author of one of the blogs I read commented that there is a selvage quilt in her future, and I’m pretty sure there’s none in mine. Comment or e-mail me if you want them.
3. For those who may want more traditional lessons on color than the ones I’ve provided in my design series, my friend Melanie in Iowa has some nice posts. You can find them here and here. I think you’ll like them!
4. Woo! I recently sold a quilt at the Asheville Quilt show! And it’s a good thing, because–
5. My digital camera somehow got a little piece of lint inside (at a quilt show, of course) and I can’t get it out! Any recommendations for a good replacement?
6. I aim for a blog length of around 350 words. I figure my attention span is short, so yours may be too 😀
7. And the more pictures in the blog, the better. So here’s my October finish, another quilt for Ronald McDonald House. I quilted it on my new Bernina 530QE. There’s definitely a learning curve to that BSR, but I’m pleased with the result.
Thanks for the shout-out. Your links for posts don’t seem to go back to blog posts. Maybe it is just me …
Love the quilt you sold!
Thanks for the heads up! I think I’ve fixed the links now! Please try again and let me know if they’re still broken.
Looks like they work now. Thanks again.